How to open acsm file / cannot open acsm file
Acsm file is a file download link. It’s not a real ebook file (like EPUB file, or PDF file). Acsm file is designed by Adobe, and can only be opened with Adobe Digital Editions.
Sometimes you paid for the books online and when you downloaded it you will find that what you have downloaded is not a real ebook but an acsm file. The common readers deivce and software like Nook for PC, Calibre, Kindle for PC cannot open this file or just cannot support it at all. Then how to open acsm file? Only Adobe Digital Editions supports acsm file, and this article will show you how to open it.
How to open acsm file?
Adobe Digital editions can help you manage, read or transfer your ebooks to another e-reader. Furthermore, only Adobe Digital Editions can open acsm file, so if you have not installed it, click here to download and install it.
1. If this is the first time you are using Adobe Digital Editions, you will see a dialogue box. Then you need to input your Adobe ID information to Authorize Computer in the box .
2. If you don’t have an Adobe ID, click the “Get an Adobe ID Online” or "Create an Adobe ID" link to register Adobe ID. A new web browser will be opened and take you to the registration page.
3. Enter your Adobe ID and password, then click “Activate” or "Authorize" button to activate it.
4. Click “Finished” button to complete this operation.
Now all the steps above have been finished, then you can double click the acsm file to open it. If there is still trouble to open it, you can click the right mouse and select “Open with”, then choose “Adobe Digital Editions”.
Cannot open acsm file?
So as to solve the problems that acsm files bring, we recommend you an essay to convert acsm to EPUB or PDF file. Then you can deal with different problems that ACSM file causes.
Other problems you may encounter
If you downloaded an ACSM file and found it is unable to be opened, you can refer to the following.
"Unable to download, License Server Communication Problem" This message could happen if the .ACSM file has expired. For some security reasons, the .ACSM file has an expiration time before its first fulfillment. ACSM file is NOT a book, it's a ticket to Content Server saying which book should be downloaded.
You can re-download the .acsm file from purchased website. After you downloaded it, you need to open it immediately.
This error E_ADEPT_USER_AUTH is due to a problem in the epub file. If the metadatas author and publisher are empty or incorrect in the OPF file (for example a space is included just before the name of the author) this causes an error on Adobe servers.
When you have opened a book downloaded with the acsm file, then you are not permitted to copy it to another computer. You will get an error. There is a specific article which introduces the problems for you.
- How to read Kindle books on iPad or iPhone
- How to remove drm from epub books
- How to share Kindle ebooks with my friends
- How to Remove DRM from ePUB & PDF on Adobe Digital Editions ?
- How to remove drm from azw/prc/mobi/tpz on Kindle ?
- How to remove Barnes & Noble ebook DRM ?
- How to convert Kindle AZW to EPUB/TXT/PDF format ?