Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories: Library Management, E-book conversion, Syncing to e-book reader devices, etc.Platform: WinXP / Win2003 / Vista / Win7
- Library Management
- calibre manages your e-book collection for you. It is designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e., a single entry in your library that may correspond to actual e-book files in several formats. calibre can sort the books in your library by: Title, Author, Date added, Date published, Size, Rating, Series, etc.
- E-book conversion
- calibre can convert from a huge number of formats to a huge number of formats. It supports all the major e-book formats. The full list of formats can be found here . The conversion engine has lots of powerful features. It can rescale all font sizes, ensuring the output e-book is readable no matter what font sizes the input document uses. It can automatically detect/create book structure, like chapters and Table of Contents. It can insert the book metadata into a "Book Jacket" at the start of the book.
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy. At the moment, it has support for a large number of devices, the complete list of which is here . Syncing supports updating metadata on the device from metadata in the library and creation of collections on the device based on the tags defined in the library. If a book has more than one format available, calibre automatically chooses the best format when uploading to the device. If none of the formats is suitable, calibre will automatically convert the e-book to a format suitable for the device before sending it.
Keys: Calibre Download, Calibre
- How to read Kindle books on iPad or iPhone
- How to remove drm from epub books
- How to share Kindle ebooks with my friends
- How to Remove DRM from ePUB & PDF on Adobe Digital Editions ?
- How to remove drm from azw/prc/mobi/tpz on Kindle ?
- How to remove Barnes & Noble ebook DRM ?
- How to convert Kindle AZW to EPUB/TXT/PDF format ?